Credit Card Debt Relief
There is much talk these days about our country’s economic crisis. Thousands upon thousands of people have lost their jobs. Countless families have lost their homes to foreclosure. Many have been struck by natural disasters such as floods, fires and earthquakes. At our California law offices, we often hear tales of these types of misfortunes.
Mortgage troubles, medical bills, business debts, student loans, unpaid back taxes and other types of debt have burdened our clients at Bird & Van Dyke, Inc. – A Professional Law Corporation. Regardless of individual circumstances, however, the most common type of debt we hear about in our law offices is credit card debt.
If You’re Behind On Your Credit Cards, You’re Not Alone
Credit card debt is a problem for many debtors these days for a number of reasons:
- Lending banks have aggressively overextended credit to millions of Americans.
- Far too many debtors have fallen into a “credit card debt hell” they do not know how to get out of.
- One late payment — even for a different credit card, and even because of mail delivery problems — can trigger rising interest rates on all cards.
- Even when you make your payments on time, banks sometimes abruptly raise interest rates and change other terms of credit cards.
- A high interest rate can make previously manageable credit card debt suddenly unmanageable.
Some credit card holders eventually reach a point where they wonder if bankruptcy is the next step. Many feel like failures. However, our California bankruptcy attorneys are here to tell you financial woes including out-of-control credit card debt strike people of all walks of life. You are not alone by any means.
For many individuals and couples, Chapter 13 or Chapter 7 bankruptcy brings needed debt relief. In a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, all credit card debt is typically discharged. In a Chapter 13 bankruptcy, the total to be repaid on credit cards may be significantly less than what was originally owed, and with very low interest. In many cases, this is the most significant benefit of filing for bankruptcy.
Our Attorneys Can Help Stop Creditor Harassment
To speak with a lawyer about Chapter 7 bankruptcy, Chapter 13 bankruptcy, credit card debt or other debt-related matters, contact Bird & Van Dyke. Call our office in Stockton: 209-390-8877. Credit card debt? Attorneys at our law firm can help you get the relief you need.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.