The Benefits Of Bankruptcy In California
In a nutshell, the benefits of bankruptcy soon become crystal clear for our clients at Bird & Van Dyke, Inc. – A Professional Law Corporation in Northern California:
- Once debtors retain our law firm, they can refer creditors to our law offices and stop the harassing phone calls.
- Upon a debtor’s bankruptcy filing, the automatic stay goes into effect. Creditors are forbidden from attempting to collect on debts.
- Filing bankruptcy can stop foreclosure, stop wage garnishment and stop bank levies.
- When the bankruptcy is complete, most debts are discharged. This means they no longer exist, and creditors can never again try to collect on them. There are stiff penalties for creditors who violate this ban on collecting after a bankruptcy.
- Debtors have the opportunity to walk away from unmanageable debt with a clean slate.
- Euphoria and a deep sense of relief are common reactions for newly free debtors who had been struggling with overwhelming debt.
- Many of our clients say the day after their bankruptcy is complete, they are free from debt for the first time in their adult lives. (Many still have mortgages, car loans and/or student loans, but they have no more credit card bills or medical bills hanging over them.)
Free Consultations About Consumer Debt Relief
Talk to a lawyer about personal bankruptcy, small business bankruptcy, foreclosure actions or any debt-related matters. Contact Bird & Van Dyke at our law office in Stockton: 209-390-8877 . Rest assured there is life after bankruptcy, and we can help you get there.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.