1. Home
  2.  | 
  3. Criminal Defense
  4.  | What To Do If You’re Under Investigation

What To Do If You’re Under Investigation

Some criminal arrests happen on the spot, after a police officer observes behavior which the officer believes is in violation of the law. Other arrests happen only after an investigation by one or more police detectives or officers.

If you believe that you are being investigated or if a detective or police officer wants you to answer some questions, you should speak with an experienced defense lawyer as soon as possible.

Call the law firm of Bird & Van Dyke at 888-915-0422 for a free consultation.

Why Contact A Defense Lawyer?

If you believe that you are under investigation, or if you are contacted by a detective, you are in grave danger. It means that law enforcement authorities believe that you have committed a crime, are implicated in criminal activity in some way or have knowledge of criminal activity.

You may think that if you lie low it will all blow over, or that if you answer a few questions the problem will go away. But that could be a very big mistake. When the police are on the hunt, they don’t give up easily. The best thing you can do is to speak to criminal defense attorney Mary Ann Bird — and sooner rather than later. Ms. Bird can:

  • Review your situation and explain your legal options
  • Advise you whether you should respond if you are contacted by an investigator
  • If necessary, take steps to begin building your defense

Depending on circumstances, she may initiate discussions with criminal justice authorities with the goal of avoiding criminal charges or minimizing the consequences.

Now is the time to be proactive, not reactive. It will give you greater control over the course of future events, and it may even result in no charges being filed against you.

Contact Us For A Free Consultation

What to do if you’re under investigation? The answer is simple — get legal help today.

Contact Bird & Van Dyke by calling 888-915-0422. We have an office in Stockton, California.