Understanding Bankruptcy Law In California
Bird & Van Dyke offers a wide range of bankruptcy and debt relief services for people throughout San Joaquin Valley. We have provided below a brief summary of our bankruptcy and debt relief services.
To learn more about our legal services or to schedule a free consultation with an experienced bankruptcy lawyer, contact our law office in Stockton or Tracy, California.
Our Legal Services
Our attorneys are familiar with local bankruptcy courts and understand recent bankruptcy law changes. We understand many debtors’ urgent need to stop creditor harassment. If you are struggling with unmanageable debt, we can help.
Some of the legal matters handled by our attorneys include:
- Advice on bankruptcy alternatives such as debt consolidation: Although we are bankruptcy lawyers, we recognize bankruptcy is not for everyone. We offer honest appraisals of individual financial circumstances. Debt settlement or debt consolidation might meet your debt relief needs — or not. Make an appointment for a free consultation to discuss the benefits of bankruptcy versus other debt relief methods.
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy: A Chapter 7 bankruptcy may help you to stop creditor harassment, eliminate dischargeable debts and gain a fresh start. To learn more about eliminating or reducing your credit card debts, medical debts and other unsecured debts, contact an experienced bankruptcy lawyer at Bird & Van Dyke.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy: People who do not qualify for a Chapter 7 bankruptcy may be able to get the relief they need through a Chapter 13 bankruptcy. A Chapter 13 bankruptcy allows people to pay their debts in a more gradual and manageable manner through a debt repayment plan.
- Small business bankruptcy: Chapter 11 or Chapter 7 may fill the bill when a small business is financially struggling.
- Home foreclosure protection: Our attorneys provide pre-foreclosure and post-foreclosure relief to people throughout San Joaquin Valley. If you are at risk of losing your home in a foreclosure action, we can help. Learn how many clients have kept their homes when filing bankruptcy — and how many homeowners can often strip second mortgages from their debt load.
- Stop creditor harassment; stop wage garnishment: The emotional toll of constant creditor harassment or the fear of wage garnishment can be overwhelming. Filing bankruptcy requires creditors to stop all collection actions against a debtor.
- Medical debt relief: Bankruptcy can be used to discharge medical debt. Talk to a lawyer to determine if bankruptcy is an appropriate option for you.
- Special circumstances, including emergency bankruptcy filings and bankruptcy and divorce: Get the clarification you need on how to move forward with bankruptcy in the face of other life complications.
To learn more about the rules and processes of Chapter 7 bankruptcy, Chapter 13 bankruptcy, home foreclosure protection and life after bankruptcy, contact us. Call 209-390-8877 to reach our Stockton law office or 209-390-8834 to reach our Tracy law office.
Se habla español.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.